Epson WF-C5290 printer - connection issues.

Greetings all,

I've just bought the above printer, downloaded the manufacturer's
drivers, got the URI from lpstat -l -e, picked the ppd, and nothing
works.
The printer is clearly detected, and all I can get is the message:
`AttributeError: 'Printer' object has no attribute '_ppd'' and the
insistence that `/usr/lib/cups/filter/epson-escpr-wrapper2' is required.
The manufacturer's driver is listed in the ppd selection:
`Epson-WF-C5290_Series-epson-escpr2-en.ppd', but simply doesn't work.
I've hunted everywhere for a solution.
There's an escpr driver in the repositories but it's not the required
one.
There appears to be no `2' version as yet.
Anybody have any idea what's happening here?
Thanks for any time and trouble taken.

--
`Religion is regarded by the common people as true,
by the wise as false,

— Lucius Annæus Seneca.

Terrorism, the new religion.

Registered Linux User: 554515