[OT]etiquette was: Unable to boot into the Gnome desktop after installing Debian Buster 10.4

On Wed, Jul 29, 2020 at 05:31:02PM +0200, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 29, 2020 at 11:09:26AM -0400, Henning Follmann wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > Oh jeeez,
>
> [Condescending, borderline-insulting stuff]
>
> Hey, Henning. This is a Debian users mailing list. This ain't twitter.
> Go there if you feel the urge to let steam off.

Alright, I am unfiltered and lack sugarcoating, sure.
However this was insane. Somebody has to tell somebody in no uncertain
terms that they are out of their depth.
He did not want "the bloat" of the gnome desktop. Then he installs
the metapackage gnome which pulls in most of the stuff he says he
wants to avoid. Except it does not pull gdm3. AND he complains
about not having a login screen! This is insane!
Really somebody has to tell him that and that can't be done whithout
hurting his ego (I can't). And the sooner the better. Do not
pamper him in his dilution he can do that. He will not be happy
this way.

Enough from me.

-H

--