Re: Do other owners of WD Gold disks hear a periodic plonk ?

On 2020-07-25 02:16, Thomas Schmitt wrote:

David Christensen wrote:
Click of death.

At least this is the reality which i will present to the disk vendor
while negotiating about replacement.

But personally i still have doubts that it is this particular problem.
The knocking is not "Click-click-click" as described in the web, but
rather "Pok" ... 3 or 4 seconds ... "Pok" ...

That description sounds similar enough to what I heard from my failing HDD's. Their sound was a metal-on-metal "click". Your drive, being "enterprise", may have a shock absorber that muffles the sound.

David