Re: Slic3r --gui won't run

On Ma, 21 iul 20, 08:52:07, Gene Heskett wrote:

> What has amazed me from the gitgo, is that the single most popular by a
> wide margin, arm based board, outnumbering all others combined by a
> wide margin, gets zero support from debian.

Debian's contribution to hardware support is limited to enabling
specific options in the kernel or, occasionally, backporting patches
that have already been accepted upstream.

Other distributions are either using different kernels or non-upstreamed
patches.

Video support often requires closed source drivers, that nobody bothered
to package for 'nonfree' (assuming they are even distributable).

Kind regards,
Andrei