Re: Final CDs being written for Stretch - 9.13 release - prior to LTS

>> At this point in 2020, I think it would be reasonable to only produce
>> netinst images and jigdo (and live, but that's a different-ish
>> project). Drop the DVD images.

An alternative is to have "virtual ISO images", i.e. images which are
constructed on the fly (presumably by jigdo) on the web-server side.

> Though this doesn't apply to me, I can imagine a fair few people in the
> world who don't have access to fast, cheap internet who would
> appreciate a DVD image that they can simply download somewhere where
> they can get good internet. e.g. library, work, education
> establishment. Or could get someone else to do that and mail it.

I'm not sure why the discussion is always around DVD images.
Would you be equally happy with an image only for a USB flash drive, or
is it important for it to be an image for optical media?

I always found optical media very unappealing, even back when its
capacity and price were strongly in its favor.  Nowadays, I'm having
a hard time imagining a circumstance when it would be a good choice.

        Stefan