Re: How to pick a Subject line for a mailing list [was: have you seen this inside....]

On Sb, 20 iun 20, 11:07:34, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:

> And now, dear OP (Seeds Notoneofmy), try to walk a couple of
> meters/yards in some random list reader's shoes: this list has
> (very roughly) 1000 mails/month [1]. That means about 30 mails/day.
>
> Someone picking mails will see one mail/line, with some hints from
> its metadata: sender, subject, etc. and will decide, based on
> them "oh, I do know something about this topic, I'll see whether
> I can help" or, for example: "oh, this gal/guy has always interesting
> posts, gotta read that"... or whatever.
>
> What do you think will happen by reading that subject above?
> Possibly the same as if you read
>
>   THIS 10 WEIRD TRICKS WILL MAKE YOU RICH
>
> or something ;-)

Using something that looks like an invented name is also quite often a
sign of a spammer.

(though I do admit spammers and scammers also use real looking names,
and do understand the wish to keep ones real name private)

Kind regards,
Andrei