Re: technical terms overhaul

tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:

>> I think you deal with symptoms and not with the causes.
>> Obama was 8y in power - what he did? Right - nothing!
>
> I guess opinions on that will vary. I don't know whether this is a
> language problem, but I feel you tend to state your opinions as if
> they were facts: that's somewhat disturbing to me.

Well when there is no measure of truth anyone is right in his/her own view.
This is what is disturbing me most. Some people (usually on the left) can
not accept that those (usually on the right) also have the right to be
right. The way to solve misunderstandings and conflicts is through
discussion/dialog and understanding.

>> You all are going crazy with this stuff. Changing names does not change
>> reality. Also in the computer world no person is affected, so nothing
>> racial here.
>
> Language carries power relationships. At least this is something most
> sociologists agree on these days [1], albeit there is criticism. So
> "changing names does not change reality" is at least a [citation needed].

The problem with sociology is the lack of evidence for their assertions. It
is a long story to put it here, but we do not have to agree with each and
every sociologist or psychologist.
Also in terms of language we see today things that were already tried in
societies experimenting with communism - it does not work.
Indeed language reflects reality, but it also reflects truth and even if you
try to propose something today it will fade in some decades because it is
not based on truth. It is simply waste of time and energy. I've been
thinking over this for about 20-25y and I always come to one and the same
conclusion. The problem is lack of Enlightment. The solution of our
problems today (wars, hunger, environment etc.)  is Enlightment. Only
enlightent people can bring sustainable change.

> Therefore I find such discussions very welcome. Personally, I'd even
> go out on a limb and risk the assertion that it's the discussion
> itself which raises awareness of possible perception problems, not
> its eventual outcome.

Agreed, but my impression is that there are too many out there willing to
impose their perception to the others even with force ... and we have seen
this in the past centuries (fascism, communism etc.) - we do not want this,
hence we do not want this discussion here in this way.
It is f**king colors white=light/sun/truth, black=darkness/night/lie.
It has nothing to do with African or European (also called Caucasian for
unknown reason to me in the US - according to me it should be Euroasian)

Also there is nothing wrong being black or white - belonging to specific
race. Why this all stupidity now? And why here on this list?

regards