Re: technical terms overhaul

On Fri, Jun 19, 2020 at 2:14 PM Eike Lantzsch <zp6cge@gmx.net> wrote:
On the danger of starting a flame war ...
thinking about the article by Gunnar Wolf on Planet Debian

instead of "whitelist" and "blacklist" I would like to propose the terms:
"allowlist" and "rejectlist"
instead of (for example on disk drives) "master" and "slave" I like to propose
the terms:
"lead" and "lag" which are e.g. used when electrically managing two pumps
working on the same hydraulic circuit.

What do you think?

Keeping with the color dynamic but disconnecting it from potential racial connotations, how about "redlist" and "greenlist"?  I kinda feel like the five common traffic signal colors are pretty universal, especially the first three.