Re: [OT] Regular DKIM issues on this ML (was: Re: why !oh why Debian and application list)

On Fri, Jun 12, 2020 at 12:36:29PM -0400, Michael Stone wrote:
On Fri, Jun 12, 2020 at 09:52:57AM -0400, Michael Stone wrote:
On Fri, Jun 12, 2020 at 03:48:42PM +0200, l0f4r0@tuta.io wrote:
My email below got a DKIM issue.

It validated fine here, not a debian list issue.

For the record, I looked at the wrong email. The right one did fail DKIM validation while passing through debian. (Note that it goes from DKIM_VALID to DKIM_INVALID in what looks like two subsequent checks on bendel.) On my system that one says that it fails dkim because the body was altered. Looking at the body my best guess would be that it's a normalization/line length issue on the part of the dkim signer, but without the original message that's just a guess.

More information from the OP, it looks like the message sent to the list was base64 encoded html. So I'm guessing that the list software autoconverted that to plain text--which would mean there's no way to preserve a valid DKIM signature.