Re: SimpleBackportCreation attempt says: The value 'unstable' is invalid for APT::Default-Release

On Fri, Jun 12, 2020 at 01:32:52PM -0400, Greg Wooledge wrote:
> My first message was quite polite.
>
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2020/06/msg00426.html

Your first message was factually incorrect *and* rude.
I merely showed where you've mistaken.

> My second message went into details about precisely *why* one does not
> do this dangerous thing, but I was already pushed into attack mode,
> because my initial polite message was treated with venom and scorn.
>
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2020/06/msg00429.html

Your second message was filled with CAPS, which is universally
recognised equivalent for shouting and screaming. Not the most farthest
thing from the "polite message", but close enough.

> So, maybe I should have done a dry second attempt to educate the offending
> person, rather than responding to the venom and scorn in kind.  But more
> likely, a second polite message would just have been brushed off AGAIN.

I'll take that as apology, let's leave it at that.

Reco