Re: SimpleBackportCreation attempt says: The value 'unstable' is invalid for APT::Default-Release

	Hi.

On Fri, Jun 12, 2020 at 12:02:11PM -0400, Greg Wooledge wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 12, 2020 at 06:27:45PM +0300, Reco wrote:
> > >  Do *not* add a "deb" line for unstable to a stable
> > > system.  Only add the "deb-src" line.
> >
> > And that one too (a hint - it does not).
>
> It does not *what*?  What the hell are you talking about?

Read OP original e-mail for the example of apt not working.

> What it does is add UNSTABLE BINARY PACKAGES to your LISTS.

My, my. I clearly touched a nerve there.

> So the next time you do an "apt-get upgrade" or "apt-get dist-upgrade"

Please read my original e-mail once again.

> > > Beyond that, the OP is using some local mirror,
> >
> > Also please do some research on what approx is.
>
> Fuck off if you have nothing useful to say.

Likewise, pal. Your contributions to this thread are useless so far.
Mine ain't.

> unicorn:~$ host approx
> Host approx not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)

LOL. Sober up first, then learn how to use apt.

Reco