Re: SimpleBackportCreation attempt says: The value 'unstable' is invalid for APT::Default-Release

On Fri, Jun 12, 2020 at 12:59:47PM -0400, Greg Wooledge wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 12, 2020 at 06:38:09PM +0200, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> > apt show approx will help. It's an APT proxy/cache (I'm more familiar
> > with apt-cacher-ng though)
>
> Oh, that actually looks useful [...]

It sure is. I've played building images and packages for a foreign
architectures and I didn't want to punish the Debian servers (or
my DSL) for the same packages over and over again.

[...]

> Notice, and I know I am repeating myself OVER and OVER, but it is
> apparently NECESSARY to do so, because certain people are spreading
> dangerous lies: I DID NOT add a "deb" line for unstable!
>
> DO NOT add a "deb" line for unstable!
>
> I will keep repeating that as many times as it takes.  Because it's
> freaking IMPORTANT.

Just a hint: it'd be more empowering for your interlocutors if you
didn't just tell "don't do that" but rather what happens if they
do (my guess is that you're hinting at the danger to actually install
a binary package from unstable by accident -- but I can only guess).

Cheers
-- t