Re: [OT] How to help the OP? (was: How long will this take?)

On Wed, Jun 10, 2020 at 09:20:50PM +0200, l0f4r0@tuta.io wrote:
* Are the respondents supposed to answer the  OP question directly without hindsight (potential XY problem sometimes - http://xyproblem.info/)?
* Or are they expected to put the issue into perspective and challenge it? I know it can be frustrating because this is not always the answer we as OP want to read but it can be really instructive as we understand we were on a wrong track.

I'm still divided on this subject, maybe we need both depending on the context/OP...

In general, I think that once someone's been asked a question multiple times, especially when that question isn't really germane, it's just rude to keep insisting on an answer. JMO.