Re: KDE run Dolphin as root?

On 06.06.20 23:37, Paul Johnson wrote:

On Sat, Jun 6, 2020 at 4:20 PM Default User <hunguponcontent@gmail.com <mailto:hunguponcontent@gmail.com>> wrote:

    On Fri, Jun 5, 2020, 16:55 Default User <hunguponcontent@gmail.com
    <mailto:hunguponcontent@gmail.com>> wrote:

        Hi, all.

        As an experiment, I just installed Debian 10.4 Stable on a spare
        drive, and installed kde on it.

        I have not tried kde in many years, so am not really familiar
        with it. Perhaps I am overlooking something obvious, but I can
        not seem to run Dolphin or Konqueror as root.

        Searching online, I was astounded to see many references to this
        problem, saying that this is not a bug, but a feature - that kde
        developers are deliberately working to prevent users from using
        some programs, including Dolphin as root, as a "security measure".

        So, can the current version of Dolphin in Debian Stable be run
        as root (without re-compiling, etc)?

        And, if not, how (and why) would anyone use kde at all?

    So . . .  no one here using kde?
Hmmm . . .

I think it's less "nobody running KDE" so much as "who logs in to KDE as root?"

I would easily agree with you concerning not to log into a graphical session as the user root. But Dolphin is also not running with sudo prepended.
Marco.