Re: KDE run Dolphin as root?

On Fri, Jun 5, 2020, 16:55 Default User <hunguponcontent@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, all.

As an experiment, I just installed Debian 10.4 Stable on a spare drive, and installed kde on it.

I have not tried kde in many years, so am not really familiar with it. Perhaps I am overlooking something obvious, but I can not seem to run Dolphin or Konqueror as root.

Searching online, I was astounded to see many references to this problem, saying that this is not a bug, but a feature - that kde developers are deliberately working to prevent users from using some programs, including Dolphin as root, as a "security measure".

So, can the current version of Dolphin in Debian Stable be run as root (without re-compiling, etc)?

And, if not, how (and why) would anyone use kde at all?

So . . .  no one here using kde?
Hmmm . . .

: )