Re: Buster install using debootstrap. (SOLVED)

On 6/5/20 6:31 PM, Marc Shapiro wrote:
On 6/4/20 11:30 PM, Sven Hartge wrote:
Marc Shapiro <marcnshap@gmail.com> wrote:

I also don't understand why it says that it could not create temporary
files in /tmp.  I am running this as root and /tmp is owned by root.
What am I missing?
/tmp (and /var/tmp/) should have the following permissions and rights:

  root:root 1777/drwxrwxrwt

apt runs its I/O processes as a different user "_apt" and if /tmp does
not have the sticky bit set, then it cannot create any files there,
causing the error.

Grüße,
Sven.

Thanks!  That took care of all the debian repositories.  Third party repositories are now having public key issues (not surprising).  How do I get and install the public key for deb-multimedia.org and virtualbox.org?

Marc

I got the public keys for deb-multimedia.org and virtualbox.org and all is good.  I just needed to google a little more (after having some dinner).

Marc