Re: LibreOffice Writer - Help system font too small

On 06/05/2020 09:58 AM, mick crane wrote:
On 2020-06-05 12:47, Richard Owlett wrote:

Suggestions for a *text editor*, *NOT word processor*, which can set
tab stops at column N1, N2, N3, ... ? Typical *text editors* set
distance between stops to one specific value.

If I understand correctly.
I had a look and you can set the tab distance in vi
and to use them Ctrl+v then Tab. I suppose  if you want varying distances you could make the stops tiny in ~/.vimrc.

mick

Thank you. I followed John's suggestion and installed Emacs.
I've just finished 1st reading of the excellent introductory tutorial.
The GUI version commands closely follow conventions I'm used to.
Setting tab stops via the command M-x edit-tab-stops appears to be exactly what I was looking for.

Thank you.