Re: Return a Debian system to a pristine state

Victor writes:
> We are all familiar with the situation when after a long period of
> usage, a system becomes full of software which we once installed for
> some purpose and then abandoned or disused.

No, we aren't.  I've been running Debian since 1.1 was released and have
never experienced that problem.

> A gentle hint on what is an <unwanted package> would be very much
> appreciated at such moments.

How could a package management system possibly know that?

Perhaps what you want is something which will tell you which programs
have gone unused for the longest time.

--
John Hasler
jhasler@newsguy.com