Re: Return a Debian system to a pristine state

On Thu, May 28, 2020 at 08:50:44PM +0700, Victor Sudakov wrote:
> What is searched for in Debian is the ability to remove the bloatware
> which was not present at the time of installation.

But... but... it's precisely DURING the installation that most of the
crappy "bloatware" GETS ONTO THE SYSTEM!

How meny people do you think install GNOME or KDE or XFCE separately
after the install, as opposed to ACCEPTING A DEFAULT during the install?

> > dpkg --get-selections > /root/initial-packages
> >
> > Just hold on to that file, and it will allow you to return to this
> > state on the same machine, or conceivably even a different machine.
>
> Out of itself, this file will not allow me anything. But Charles Curley
> has named the debfoster utility which seems to do the closest thing to
> what I wanted to achieve.

What?!

It does PRECISELY WHAT YOU STATED you wanted to do!

> Thanks again to Charles and if there are no other propositions, I think
> we can close this thread.

Because you cannot be reasoned with?  Sure, yes, OK, that is definitely
a reason for me to stop talking to you.

I stand by everything I've said here.  You have a secret agenda, and
your stated goal, which I told you how to accomplish, is not your
actual goal.  That's why you rejected the solution you were given.

Call me bitchy or whatever you want, but I can SENSE this bullshit from
a mile away, and this is why I react the way I do.