Re: waaay offtopic

On Vi, 29 mai 20, 14:26:25, Joe wrote:
> On Fri, 29 May 2020 15:25:16 +0300
> Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > And what would the advantage of RADIUS be over WAP2-PSK, for Gene's
> > use-case?
>
> I believe he is using passwords and his unwanted user can crack them. I
> agree it isn't clear whether he is using WPA or WPA2. I don't know the
> current state of play with cracking WPA2-PSK.

Gene mentioned several times (in completely unrelated threads) that he
keeps the wireless turned off, because apparently his neighbour is able
to steal his internet more or less instantly.

No mention whatsoever was made about what (if any!) wireless security
option is in use. It might as well have been WEP (which is known to be
crackable for many years now) or none.

Or it might have been some incompetent or malicious[1] website using up
Gene's internet and the neighbour is inocent. Or a download script stuck
in a loop, or... etc.

Occam's razor suggests Gene will be just fine with WPA2-PSK.

[1] see Hanlon's razor

Kind regards,
Andrei