Re: waaay offtopic

On Jo, 28 mai 20, 07:39:12, John Hasler wrote:
> Andrei writes:
> > You might want to write the password on a piece of paper to show it to
> > guests that you want to grant access.
>
> You should write it down in the same little black book or card you write
> all your passwords down in.  And since it is going to be written down it
> might as well be a truly random string such as those generated by pwgen.
>
> Memorizing passwords only makes sense when you only have two or three of
> them and use them all frequently.

The 'S' in PSK stands for "shared", as opposed to most other passwords.
It must also be entered on a touchscreen.

What is the threat model that warrants a random string as a password for
the WiFi vs. an XKCD 936-style password?

I believe the entities capable of cracking such a password have better
things to do than stealing my internet or sniffing through my lan ;)

Kind regards,
Andrei