Re: waaay offtopic

Personally, I have a clamshell.

It's my second clamshell, an LG VN220. It replaced my previous clamshell, after my first vacation to Canada: the previous clamshell was a paperweight from the moment my bus from Seattle to Vancouver crossed the Canadian border, up to the moment my flight from Toronto landed back in the U.S.

It has a camera, a rudimentary web browser, and a totally useless email reader that will not connect to my ISP's mail server AT ALL. (Fortunately, the web browser works just fine with my ISP's web-mail interface.)

And if I need to go online with my tablet, my phone can provide a WiFi hotspot for it. (I flatly refuse to accept a home broadband connection until such time as Net Neutrality is legislated, court-tested, settled law.)

Before my first clamshell, I had "candy bar" phones. Then, while on vacation, I chest-dialed home, and nearly put my mother in the hospital with worry.

--
JHHL