Re: waaay offtopic

Hi Gene.

I've had the same exact model since last September.  Overall it's a good
phone except my older Motorola could get data and service in places this
one won't.  Getting used to Android in 2013 had me befuddled for a bit
but a bit with a tutorial got me going.  My A10e is running Android 9,
a.k.a. Pie.  One thing I have noticed is that in some settings screens
at the bottom (might have to scroll by dragging your finger along the
screen) there are links to related options.

Your finger(s) is the mouse.  There are a number of gestures that will
soon become second nature.  A lot is down by tapping one finger on an
icon/item or dragging it around the screen.  Zooming out and in is
usually a thumb and forefinger squeeze together or apart, respectively.
On some things an additional function is performed by pressing and
holding on the item (if you have an Elecraft K3 you'll be familiar with
the concept).

Android doesn't use the left/right swipe gesture as much as Apple iOS,
but it does for some crucial things like changing from your home screen
to another screen by swiping on your wall paper.  Also, there is a quick
menu to various settings and features by dragging down from the top of
the screen.  Finally, one of the things I was used to on the older
versions of Android and what I had to enable was leaving the "Home bar"
on the screen all the time and since I was used to the position, setting
the back (left) arrow on that bar to the left end of it.  Much like
Debian there is much to explore and learn.

Typing on the screen is the very slowest thing I do as I want type a lot
like on a real keyboard.  I have not adapted to thumbs only for typing
after seven years and I doubt that I ever will.

At the time I considered a Google Pixel but the lack of being able to
insert a microSD card kept me away.  I don't know if their RF capability
is better than this Sammy or not.

- Nate

Web: https://www.n0nb.us
Projects: https://github.com/N0NB