Re: How could you load only once a Linux ultility without a batch --input-files kind of option and repeatedly use it on many files? . . .

In addition...

We have reached the point where many on-line help messages are
woefully out of date and not applicable to more modern UNIX/Linux/
etc. versions of Linux.  If the help text that you find does not show
which release it applies to, or does not have a date indicated, it should
be viewed with much suspicion.  It may do more harm than good.

Arv
_._

On Sat, May 16, 2020 at 8:01 AM Nicolas George <george@nsup.org> wrote:
Roberto C. Sánchez (12020-05-15):
> I wrote a lengthier reply to another of your messages in this thread,
> then deleted it without sending.
>
> However, you appear to still be hung up on something, though I cannot
> tell what it is.

People who think they understood the question and give an irrelevant
answer are a bane for mutual help mailing-lists and forums. At best they
are a waste of time; at worst, they confuse users or prevent the actual
answer from being found.

Have you never searched an issue on the web, found a thread in an Ubuntu
forum with the exact problem you have, and been disappointed to find a
dozen irrelevant answers, with only a superficial relation to the
question.

I do not want the Debian mailing-lists to look more like Ubuntu forums.

If you are not sure you understood the question precisely, just shut up.
Somebody else will probably give a more relevant answer. And if it does
not happen, you can still reply a few hours later.

Let us not behave like schoolchildren. The first to answer will not get
an image.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George