Re: How could you load only once a Linux ultility without a batch --input-files kind of option and repeatedly use it on many files? . . .

On Fri, May 15, 2020 at 11:39:08AM +0200, Nicolas George wrote:
> Jonathan Dowland (12020-05-15):
> > The ultimate answer that Dan provided was to use find with xargs, which
> > is fine. And if you are going to use -print0, it is often a good idea to
> > trial that you've got the pattern right (especially if you are more used
> > to expressing file patterns in shell globs or regexes), so there was
> > value in Dan providing that too.
>
> There was value, but not as an answer to the question.

I wrote a lengthier reply to another of your messages in this thread,
then deleted it without sending.

However, you appear to still be hung up on something, though I cannot
tell what it is.

You may not have liked how someone else answered the question, but all
the answers so far have been utile.  That said, your insistence that the
other answers are somehow inadequate or inappropriate has not at all
helped the discussion.

Let me make a friendly suggestion that you discontinue your
participation in this thread.  It will benefit all concerned.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sánchez