Re: How could you load only once a Linux ultility without a batch --input-files kind of option and repeatedly use it on many files? . . .

On Sat 16 May 2020 at 16:01:17 +0200, Nicolas George wrote:

> Roberto C. Sánchez (12020-05-15):
> > I wrote a lengthier reply to another of your messages in this thread,
> > then deleted it without sending.
> >
> > However, you appear to still be hung up on something, though I cannot
> > tell what it is.
>
> People who think they understood the question and give an irrelevant
> answer are a bane for mutual help mailing-lists and forums. At best they
> are a waste of time; at worst, they confuse users or prevent the actual
> answer from being found.

That's life.

> Have you never searched an issue on the web, found a thread in an Ubuntu
> forum with the exact problem you have, and been disappointed to find a
> dozen irrelevant answers, with only a superficial relation to the
> question.

That's also life.

> I do not want the Debian mailing-lists to look more like Ubuntu forums.

Understandable. But does -user bear that close a look?

> If you are not sure you understood the question precisely, just shut up.
> Somebody else will probably give a more relevant answer. And if it does
> not happen, you can still reply a few hours later.

Everyone who answers the question understands its import, just not in
the same way you or I do.

--
Brian.