Re: How could you load only once a Linux ultility without a batch --input-files kind of option and repeatedly use it on many files? . . .

On Thu, May 14, 2020 at 11:57:53AM -0400, The Wanderer wrote:
> On 2020-05-14 at 07:28, Nicolas George wrote:
> > The question was not how to find the files, the formulation of the
> > question indicates that Albretch has that covered.
>
> As far as I can tell, the find invocation has nothing to do with finding
> the files.
>
> The find invocation seems to serve simply as a convenient way to get the
> path-and-filenames to be null-terminated, so as to be able to pass them
> to xargs that way, [...]

There are two main ways to operate on files in bulk:

  find ... -exec something {} +

  find ... -print0 | xargs -0 something

Pick one.  Learn how they both work, so you know which one is most
appropriate in any given situation.