Re: Smallest Usable EFI Partition?

On 13/05/20 11:41 pm, Greg Wooledge wrote:
> unicorn:~$ sudo sh -c 'du -sh /boot/efi/EFI/*'
> 1.2M	/boot/efi/EFI/Boot
> 41M	/boot/efi/EFI/HP
> 25M	/boot/efi/EFI/Microsoft
> 5.1M	/boot/efi/EFI/debian
>
> I have no idea what the "HP" directory is for.  Here's what's in the
> next level down:
>
> unicorn:~$ sudo ls -l /boot/efi/EFI/HP
> total 12
> drwx------ 5 root root 4096 Oct 13  2017 BIOS
> drwx------ 2 root root 4096 Oct 13  2017 BIOSUpdate
> drwx------ 2 root root 4096 Oct 13  2017 SystemDiags

Really handy for upgrading the BIOS/whatever when the only alternative
is a Windows executable. Unfortunately I'm not good at making notes, so
I have to figure out how that works each time I try :-)

I think it involves dropping a file in there somewhere (BIOS/New, I
think), then booting into the setup system to upgrade.

On my ProBook 430 G3, anyway.

Richard