Re: How could you load only once a Linux ultility without a batch --input-files kind of option and repeatedly use it on many files? . . .

On 2020-05-14 at 07:28, Nicolas George wrote:

> Dan Ritter (12020-05-14):
>
>> find . -name "*foo" -print
>
> I have not not noticed where Albretch told us that the millions of
> files where all together and could be selected by a simplistic
> pattern on their name.
>
> The question was not how to find the files, the formulation of the
> question indicates that Albretch has that covered.

As far as I can tell, the find invocation has nothing to do with finding
the files.

The find invocation seems to serve simply as a convenient way to get the
path-and-filenames to be null-terminated, so as to be able to pass them
to xargs that way, since passing them to xargs without null-termination
will produce unexpected results if any of the paths or filenames
contains a space - which we don't have enough information to safely
assume is not the case.

As such, a jab at the use of find here strikes me as ill-advised at
best.

--
   The Wanderer