Postel's principle [was: Debian is testing Discourse]

On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 10:08:02PM +0200, Nicolas George wrote:
> tomas@tuxteam.de (12020-04-29):
> > This would be Postel's principle -- and this gentleman was especially
> > interested in Internet protocols... but I get the idea.
>
> But to be realistic, Postel's principle, even if it was thought for
> protocols rather than human relationships, is much more relevant for
> human relationships than for protocols.

Absolutely.

> Indeed, for protocols, being liberal in what they accept has let crappy
> implementation [...]

Yay! one example of "that other species" of smart folks who are not
fans of Postel's principle :-)

I still belong to the "other other species", those who rather adhere
to Postel's principle. I don't know whether I am smart, though :)

Cheers
-- t