Re: Debian is testing Discourse

tomas@tuxteam.de (12020-04-29):
> This would be Postel's principle -- and this gentleman was especially
> interested in Internet protocols... but I get the idea.

But to be realistic, Postel's principle, even if it was thought for
protocols rather than human relationships, is much more relevant for
human relationships than for protocols.

Indeed, for protocols, being liberal in what they accept has let crappy
implementation with idiotic variations to appear, and now we are stuck
having to support them until the end of time. Much better to have
protocols and implementations that are very strict. Indeed, modern
protocols are stricter than old ones.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George