Re: Mouse awfully slow on Debian 10 on certain machines

Jörg Kampmann wrote:
> I installed Debian 10 on my Fujitsu TX 100 S1 (64 and 32 Bit possible)
> with debian 64. After that I observed: the mouse pointer is awfully
> slow. Therefore I went back to Debian 9 32-bit.
>
> On a HP-Pavillon 64-bit Debian 10 works just fine.
>
> Anybody knows about this problem? What can I do?

The mouse speed is controlled by libinput.
(Although Mate has its own settings for that.)
You can read about it here:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Mouse_acceleration#Mouse_acceleration_with_libinput

In short, create /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-libinput.conf .
As an example, mine has these contents:

Section "InputClass"
  Identifier "Logitech USB Laser Mouse"
  Driver "libinput"
  Option "AccelProfile" "flat"
  Option "AccelSpeed" "-0.5"
EndSection

The value of "AccelSpeed" ranges from -1 to 1.
My mouse had to be slowed down, hence the negative value.

The Identifier can be found in the output of 'xinput list'.
So replace the above value of Identifier with yours.