Re: Bouncing a message from Thunderbird [was: Kind reminder: please don't reply to and/or quote spam, ever]

On 19/04/2020 11:42, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
On Sun, Apr 19, 2020 at 11:16:50AM +0100, Michael Howard wrote:

[...]

No way. Thing wanted to set up an account and refused to play
with me without one.
You mean an email client wanted you to setup an email account? Wow,
how absurd :)
Indeed. I just wanted to "kick the UI tires". But hey.

Mutt doesn't do that. Of course, I won't be able to send
a mail without an account set up. I know that.

Hello thunderbird: if you insist in infantilizing your users
this way, I won't ever be your friend. Furrfu.
Seriously, what account? Never, ever, been asked to do anything
untoward when installing Thunderbird and I've done it thousands of
times, quite literally.
Since you seem to be a Thunderbird expert, pray tell us how to
"bounce" mails (meaning: send a mail you received, as unharmed
as possible, including headers, to some other party) -- most of
the time for analysis.

No, not an expert. I have replied to a previous post about TB bouncing though.

This would be a real service to the community, instead of boasting
around about thousands of Thunderbird installations, yay :-)

Don't do boasting, but I have installed TB thousands of times, just like I've installed linux and windows thousands of times. No big deal is it?

I'd still like to know what 'account' the TB installation was asking you to make though as it could be malicious software you have installed.

--
Michael Howard