Bouncing a message from Thunderbird [was: Kind reminder: please don't reply to and/or quote spam, ever]

On Sun, Apr 19, 2020 at 07:11:55PM +1000, elvis wrote:

> On 19/4/20 5:03 pm, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> >Dear List Subscribers,
> >

> >If you want to help (or at least not make it more difficult) please:
> >
> >* do NOT reply to spam, ever! (this makes it hard or even impossible to
> >remove it from the archives, since it is now a part of a legitimate
> >thread)
> >
> >* do NOT quote spam, not even partially (this confuses the filters)
> >
> >* DO report spam only by bouncing it to report-listspam@lists.debian.org
> >
> >https://wiki.debian.org/FAQsFromDebianUser#posting-spam
> >
> >Note: "bouncing" is also called "redirect" in some mail clients and is
> >*not* forwarding (should probably mention this in the wiki).U
>
> In over 25 years of email I have never come across this, so much to
> learn so little time.
>
> Any idea how to do this in Thunderbird?

So I tried to install thunderbird to see whether I can have a go
at it.

No way. Thing wanted to set up an account and refused to play
with me without one.

Hello thunderbird: if you insist in infantilizing your users
this way, I won't ever be your friend. Furrfu.

Purged, went on. Internet isn't really helpful.

> It has a "edit as new message" where you can change the address etc
> and send? Would that be close to what is needed?

I don't know. The aim is that the other side gets the original
message in as pristine a state as possible (including mail
headers!). They are going to train a spam filter on it.

You need a bounce whenever you want to let know the other side
how the whole message (including the "technical packaging", i.e.
headers and all) looked when you received it.

Does Thunderbird have a "Forward Message" thingy? It could be
this one.

The internet isn't very helpful on that either, alas. Some sites
say you need a plugin [1] for that.

If you want to try things out, you're welcome to bounce a message
from this list to me [2], and I'll try to tell you whether the
bounce looks good to me.

Sigh. Very disappointed of Thunderbird. Trying to make an easy
mail interface isn't the same as trying to make an interface
for children. Furrfu.

Cheers
[1] Say WHAT? It's as if my bike needed a plugin to move westward.
   Doesn't make any sense.
[2] pick any one: the idea is that we both have seen it and I
   have something to compare your bounce to.
-- tomás