Re: Bouncing a message from Thunderbird [was: Kind reminder: please don't reply to and/or quote spam, ever]

On Sun, Apr 19, 2020 at 11:16:50AM +0100, Michael Howard wrote:

[...]

> >No way. Thing wanted to set up an account and refused to play
> >with me without one.
>
> You mean an email client wanted you to setup an email account? Wow,
> how absurd :)

Indeed. I just wanted to "kick the UI tires". But hey.

Mutt doesn't do that. Of course, I won't be able to send
a mail without an account set up. I know that.

> >Hello thunderbird: if you insist in infantilizing your users
> >this way, I won't ever be your friend. Furrfu.
>
> Seriously, what account? Never, ever, been asked to do anything
> untoward when installing Thunderbird and I've done it thousands of
> times, quite literally.

Since you seem to be a Thunderbird expert, pray tell us how to
"bounce" mails (meaning: send a mail you received, as unharmed
as possible, including headers, to some other party) -- most of
the time for analysis.

This would be a real service to the community, instead of boasting
around about thousands of Thunderbird installations, yay :-)

Cheers
-- tomás