Re: Debian is testing Discourse

Curt <curty@free.fr> wrote:
> On 2020-04-13, Brad Rogers <brad@fineby.me.uk> wrote:
>> On Mon, 13 Apr 2020 18:33:13 -0000 (UTC) Curt <curty@free.fr> wrote:

>>> There could be a channel to connect the pools
>>
>> There have, in the past existed gateways between mailing lists and usenet
>> newsgroups.  They worked well, for the most part.

> I'm using one at this very moment.

Same here, reading via tin in my local INN2 pulled via Gmane.

But gatewaying between Mail and Usenet was always easier, because both
use the same base RfC to describe the message format and the (initial)
social way of replying (shunning top-quotes, etc.) between Mail and
Usenet was largely the same.

On the other side, gatewaying between different platforms, for example a
Web forum that does not support threading and a mailinglist is much much
harder to do right, let alone the social differences between most forums
and mailinglist.

S!

--
Sigmentation fault. Core dumped.