Re: Debian is testing Discourse

On Mon, 13 Apr 2020 18:33:13 -0000 (UTC)
Curt <curty@free.fr> wrote:

Hello Curt,

>There could be a channel to connect the pools

There have, in the past existed gateways between mailing lists and usenet
newsgroups.  They worked well, for the most part.

Web forums to email rarely works as well, since web forum text editors
allow for all sorts of formatting guff that doesn't translate to email
well, if at all despite how good the translating part of the forum
software is supposed to work (it's always second class).  *Especially*
when reactionaries like me insist on having plain text emails, or at
least emails with a plain text part.

I *never* read the HTML part.

--
 Regards  _
Drums quite good, bass is too loud, and I can't hear the words