Re: appropriate list or forum to use for discussing application development in debian

Hi Dan,

On Mon, Apr 13, 2020 at 10:20:00PM +0200, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 13, 2020 at 01:02:33PM -0700, Dan Hitt wrote:
> > my question is more about what tools to use, which are more
> > stable, and which fit in better with debian.
> >
> > But this is not really a user question, more like a programmer-user
> > question.
>
> If you're using tools packaged by Debian to write programs... you
> are a Debian user. So you'd be right here.

I would tend to agree that if the first stage of the problem is
deciding which packages, languages, libraries etc to use when
developing something on Debian then it sounds like a user question
as this is a user activity.

After you identify these things there may be more appropriate
upstream communities for each item that can answer in-depth
questions. Also your further questions probably won't be
Debian-specific.

Cheers,
Andy