appropriate list or forum to use for discussing application development in debian

I have a question to raise about application development in debian.

Debian has a lot of development mailing lists, but afaict, they're about preparation of or bug reports of different packages.

That's not the right subject for me, as my question is more about what tools to use, which are more stable, and which fit in better with debian.

But this is not really a user question, more like a programmer-user question.

So i'd appreciate any pointers to suitable mailing lists, hosted by debian or not, or i guess any web forums if that's the right place to go.

Thanks!

dan