Re: Debian is testing Discourse

On Apr 13, 2020, Michael Howard wrote:
> On 13/04/2020 19:18, Sven Hartge wrote:
> > Michael Howard <mike@dewberryfields.co.uk> wrote:
> > > Sorry, which different pools are you refering to?
> > Different pools of people.
>
> Ah, Us & Them, of course.

Not necessarily.  More like that communication tends to fall apart when
there are multiple methods of communication.

Take this entirely anecdotal situation that happened to us this year:

 - most of the family is on facebook / email, so sent them an electronic
   invitation to a Christmas party

 - one aunt doesnt, so we mailed out a card.

Got told after Thanksgiving that aunt felt left out as people were
talking about it over that holiday (our party is early / mid-december;
well before "office parties" and the like). Called her up, and it turned
out she never got the invitation.

--
|_|O|_|