Re: Ancilliary server accesses by browser.

    From: David Wright <deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk>
    Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2020 20:23:19 -0500
> I don't know what behaviour/issue you're chasing down, so I'll just
> post how I typically save web pages.

>From the original message,
> Opening a Web page can cause a browser to refer to an ancilliary
> server;
> ... I'm interested to log these accesses in a file.

And dsr answered,
> Firefox and Chrome both have developer tools which will start
> and stop such logging for you; look in their menus under Web
> Developer (FF) and More Tools > Developer Tools (Chrome).

That opens a report below the Web view.  My description won't do it
jusrtice but, if you have Firefox, clicking Web Developer > Network
requires only a few ms.  "A picture is worth a million words."

    From: David Wright <deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk>
> 4) Extended screenshot. RightClick on page, select Take a Screenshot,
>    click on Save Full Page, click on Download.

That works on the Web view.  A right click on the Network report has
no effect.

I'll make do with a plain old shot of the whole screen.

> I'm not familiar with HAR, so I googled it. The wiki page has external
> references, one of which points to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmsLJHikRf8
> Does this help?

Limited connectivity now.  Will look at the video when conditions improve.

HAR and JSON are secondary to my question.  I wondered whether the HAR
file contained the same information as the Network display.  To the
best of my understanding HAR abbreviates HTML archive.  Apparently
recorded in JSON.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JSON

Footnote: seems the old References are too old for the list software to
link the thread.

Regards,                          ... P.

--
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Medical_Machines
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Oberon