Re: NAS software for Raspberry Pi that supports full range of client OS (Win-10, MacOS-X, Linux) ?

On Tuesday 24 March 2020 12:55:24 Vincent Lammens wrote:

> Op 24/03/2020 om 17:32 schreef Gene Heskett:
> > I'd assume that I could put the pi files in the same sandbox? Thats
> > somewhat confusing because www-data doesn't exist as a user on
> > either machine. But it works on this amd64 machine, but a chown
> > doesn't work on the pi.  Humm, pi is not a member of www-data on the
> > pi, but I am on this box.  Bears investigation because if I add pi
> > to that group, both are then user 1000. And thats not a warm and
> > fuzzy feeling. Looks like I need lessons on sandboxing.
> >
> > Thanks Vincent.
>
> that's a wired situation you got going there. Let me know if you
> succeed, I'm interested.

Well, with a root shell laying around, I have a workaround that moves the
files fairly rapidly, so I'll need an excuse to raise the priority.

Don't hold your breath as I've other responsibilities here like being a
caregiver for my missus of the last 30 years whose now dying of COPD,
and its down to me to handle all the i/o that entails.  The older I get,
the better I was syndrome. :) And I'd like to ignore that my list of
replacement parts has pretty well filled my card case. OTOH, theres a
looooong list of BTDT's, some of which might even be interesting if
shared over a beer.

> Regards
>
> Vincent Lammens
> http://vincentlammens.net