Re: Debian 10 Installation Question

On Sun, Mar 22, 2020 at 11:27 AM Jakub Kuzmicki <kuzbijc@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

I recently installed Debian 10 on my Dell XPS 15 7590. I was able to get through majority of the installation up until the network mirroring portion. I skipped that part since I wasn't able to find a recognizable mirror to use.

Do you mean none of the mirrors worked? That means the network portion of the install failed. If you're installing from a netboot installer, that means the installer won't be able to go out and get the rest of what it needs to finish installation.

So now, when I turn on my computer and boot Debian, I am sent to the terminal. I read somewhere that I can set up the network mirror through this terminal.
My question is, what can I do to fix this issue? Am I not able to boot Debian because network mirroring is not set up? I would probably need instructions on exactly what to type to get this done if thats the case.

When you mean you are sent to a terminal, do you mean you're sent to a login in a terminal? Can you log in?

If so, you have installed Debian, although it might be a very minimal Debian. Can you ping anything (like "ping 8.8.8.8"? Ctrl-C to stop the ping attempts.)? If so, we can probably pick up the pieces from here (try "tasksel", and installing the X11 windowing system/Gnome/KDE/etc). If you can't ping anything, your networking is still broken, and we'll need more details.

--
Jakub Kuzmicki

--
Kent West                    <")))><