Re: HPLIP - upgrade to 3.20.2 and can no longer print. (version corrected)

On Wed, 4 Mar 2020 23:19:47 +0000
Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:

Hello Brian,

>My fault entirely. The port number is 9100, not 631. I always make a
>slip up along the way with things like this :). I am assuming the device

We're all human.  Mistakes happen.  Not a problem.

Okay, substituting 9100 as the port number, the contents of
/etc/nsswitch.conf were printed.

>has an open port 9100; most HP printers do. You can check with
>
>  nmap YOUR_PRINTER'S_IP_ADDRESS

Given the above, probably not necessary, but output lists a number of
open ports and the services used, including port 9100.

>> HPLIP 3.20.2 is still installed, BTW.
>It wasn't involved here but its best to keep it about for now, if it
>suits you.

It's inconvenient, but as this situation doesn't affect anybody else
here (I've pinned hplip on the only other computer that would be
affected) I can work around it.

--
 Regards  _
I'm spending all my money and it's going up my nose