Re: Modern automounters and umount

On 2020-02-25, Mark Allums <mark@allums.email> wrote:

>> A tricky exercise which can depend on your DE (and maybe even your
>> graphical login manager). What have you tried so far?
>
> The things I tried are naive.  I don't know, or have forgotten, where to
> put commands that run that early in the process.  I run the latest MATE
> out of Bullseye, 1.24.x-y.  There is a partial installation (a
> "minimal") Gnome 3 installed, and various Gnome-related programs.  XCFE
> is installed, for emergencies.  (I am a bad typist, and am rather
> dependent on GUIs.)  I load MATE by default at startup.
>
> /usr/lib/gvfs/gvfsd --no-fuse
> Failed to acquire daemon name, perhaps the VFS daemon is already running?

 killall gvfsd
 /usr/lib/gvfs/gvfsd --no-fuse &

might do it (for some arbitrary definition of "it"), but IMO you should search
engine around and experiment with setting the environment variable mentioned
previously).

--
"J'ai pour me guérir du jugement des autres toute la distance qui me sépare de
moi." Antonin Artaud