Re: SLiM vs SDDM for KDE (was XFCE doesn't start)

Uwe Bolick wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Feb 24, 2020 at 09:14:29PM -0500, Kenneth Parker wrote:
> > Anyway, before I burn "SDDM Bridges", is there anyway to configure it to
> > refer to Username, instead of "GIven Name"?
> Although marked as "never mind", a hint for anyone having a similar
> problem but wants to keep SDDM can be helpfull.
>
> SDDM is themable. Perhaps one of "sddm-theme-elarun", "*-maldives", or
> "*-maya" satisfies your needs better (screenshots can be found using
> https://github.com/sddm/sddm/tree/develop/data/themes) or is a basis
> for your own theme.

I flipped through the source, and it appears that if you want a
list of users, it's going to be sorted by GECOS field ("real
name").

This suggests an alternative for Kenneth: change the GECOS field
for the various users. "Ken - Music", "Ken - Games", "Ken -
Work" and so forth.

-dsr-