Re: The nightmare of Intel Integrated GPUs under Linux in general and Debian in particular

On 12/2/20 8:25 am, Miguel A. Vallejo wrote:
Are you sure this is not coming from a software you are using?
For every problem I had / have with Intel GPU I can find other users
on any distribution's bug tracker with exactly the very same errors in
the kernel log, so I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one suffering from
Intel GPUs. In fact I am surprised by the small number of people here
with that problem.

But it's true there are some programs that are very prone to hang the
GPU when used, like Chrome, Chromium, Firefox, Google Earth, KDE's
taskbar, Virtualbox... all of them use some kind of 3D acceleration

Have you tried a live CD of a different distribution? Fedora, Mint, Suse etc?

--
If you are important people will wait for you.