Re: FOSS-compatible smartwatch?

Am 11. Feb, 2020 schwätzte Carl Fink so:

moin moin,

So, I've owned two smartwatches. Both of them required a proprietary Android or iOS app to use many of their features.

Is there such a thing as a Free Software API for smartwatches/personal fitness devices? With maybe a FOSS app, and a way to use them with a Linux-based PC?

Seems like a pipe dream, but I can hope, right?

Shouldn't be a pipe dream.

Have you seen GadgetBridge?

"Gadgetbridge is an Android (4.4+) application which will allow you to use
your Pebble, Mi Band, Amazfit Bip and HPlus device (and more) without the
vendor's closed source application and without the need to create an
account and transmit any of your data to the vendor's servers."

https://gadgetbridge.org/

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com   https://www.PhxLinux.org
#  Southern California Linux Expo March 5th - 8th in Pasadena