Re: The nightmare of Intel Integrated GPUs under Linux in general and Debian in particular

On Ma, 11 feb 20, 20:07:49, Miguel A. Vallejo wrote:
> Around the end of 2014 I moved to Debian as my primary operating
> system. In that year my computer was a Dual Core CPU with integrated
> GPU. It worked just fine with the previous operating system but as
> soon I started to use Debian every day I got system freezes that I
> quickly diagnose as GPU bugs. Those days Wheezy was the current stable
> release. Few months later Jessie was out, and the system freezes still
> where there. And they were related to the Intel GPU.

I was under impression that Intel GPUs are supported quite well.

How exactly did you reach the conclusion that the freezes are related to
the GPU?

Other things to try:
- update the microcode (package intel-microcode in non-free)
- try with different, known good RAM
- try with a different, known good and generously sized power source
- update the motherboard BIOS

Kind regards,
Andrei