Re: 3200G Ryzen 3 / Vega 8 for Buster?

Il 05/02/20 08:55, Felix Miata ha scritto:

Is it enough to upgrade to buster-backports kernel and AMD firmware to run Xorg on
the 3200G CPU/APU? The R7 Kaveri motherboard/APU of a friend who is virtually
blind fried. When he has hardware trouble, it's me gets to figure out howto and
fix it. He bought the new goodies on assumption they are enough for support from
Stable, but apparently that's not the case. X is not able to run, as Xorg.0.log
reports there is no framebuffer device or /dev/dri/card0.

Haven't tried Stable because I moved to Testing before I upgraded the hw about a year ago but you might have some luck with these kernels and firmware: https://github.com/M-Bab/linux-kernel-amdgpu-binaries

Nowadays I'm on the standard kernel from Testing and all is well.

Regards,
Andrea.